WHY IS THIS WATCH IMPORTANT
Rolex released the Explorer II ref. 1655 in 1971, and it was designed with spelunkers, polar surveyors, and adventurers in mind. This particular reference, the 16570, was made in 2008.
It was offered from 1989 to 2011, the ref. 16570 Explorer II introduces luminous material to LumiNova from Tritium.
his watch is in overall great condition, the case seems unpolished and sharp on the edges, there are very small and few hairlines around the case and some marks under the lugs from changing the bracelet.
The watch is in good working order and keeping good time.
- Maker: Rolex
- Model: Explorer II
- Reference: 16570
- Year: 2008
- Material: Stainless steel
- Dimensions: 40mm diameter; 12.5mm thickness
- Functions: Hours, minutes, seconds, GMT
- Crystal: Sapphire
- Caseback: Stainless steel
- Dial: Black
- Lume: Super Luminova
- Bracelet/Strap: Rolex, stainless steel bracelet
- Lug Width: 20mm
- Manufactured: Switzerland
- Box/Papers: No
-This watch was photographed on a 6.9 inch / 175mm wrist.